04 April 2013

New Short Story Developing


I have a new idea for a short story.

Shamanic understanding of life is far more related to dimensions than experiences.

I initially thought of merging the two, but have decided I would like to tread a line where experience and the reality being experienced become blurred. The main aim is to show that what you experience and where you find yourself in life are related.

Most people do not have concepts for other dimensions beyond scientific constraints (time, length, frequency), while some extend themselves into believing in heaven and hell or cousins thereof.

What if sadness were not an emotion, but a place?
What if depression was a dead end that you could extricate yourself from?
What if happiness was a choice?

I have decided to tackle this little story backwards. Illustrate first and let the illustrations map a path for the story to follow.

Finding colours, mapping textures, look and feel. At the moment I do not even know what my character will look like so I just pasted The Little Dancer in there for now.

As I find more pics I hope to keep my blog updated.

Later,
Reine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...